Below is the video of our prototype launcher that I mentioned yesterday. It goes 27.5 feet far. We are going to run an overlay program on the video to determine the drag coefficient of air and integrate this into our kinematics equations.
We may end up creating a large table (approx 756 values) with experimentally determined values for velocity and vertical launch angle. This would give us an easy way to determine how we need to launch the ball during the competition.
We did more machining today, consisting of plastic electronics mounts, bearing plates, etc.
We also started putting the base frame together with rivets so we could take it to the welder. Unfortunately, he was unavailable today, but said he would get to it by Tuesday.