Today, we got to prototyping a mechanism to launch the balls to test for air resistance. This will not be exactly like our main robot (for simplicity) but will give us a good estimation for the variables we are solving for. We have a few extra hands, so we also made some cool blue door stops.
We continued machining and took some awesome pictures along the way. Also, we tested the ball detection sensors again and made a track to experiment with.
After going through some more math, we found a way to detect our distance from the target with only one webcam. There is a very simple method for calculating distance if you know the vision angle of your webcam. Now, all we need to do is calculate the displacement to the hoop from the backboard in order to score.