Today we got close to finishing the rollers for the belts. The bumper mounts are complete and we found some cool resonance when you bump them together (see video below).
We also made significant progress with OpenCV, however it is quite slow compared to the previous custom code. We will find ways to optimize it for speed later once the functionality is up to par.
As we have access to a large indoor space this Friday, we are building a prototype ball launcher that closely replicates that of our actual robot to experimentally determine air resistance. While we have done the kinematics for an optimized basketball shot, after some research we found that air resistance could play a role in altering the ball’s position.
As you can see below, we created a cool animated gif image of the frame pieces to give you a glance at what our frame will look like before getting welded. Note that the set of aluminium that holds up the middle section is merely a placeholder.