Today, we fixed up the prototype ball launcher with some bearings and shaft collars. After a few test launches and chain tensioning (yes, we used chain drive hooked up to a CIM motor), we got the ball to launch 27 feet, with some air. For a prototype, it launched a surprising half-field length.
We milled more of the plastic inserts for our robot and turned more rollers on the lathe. And of course, we broke our old pre-WWII lathe again (currently working on fixing this).
We wire brushed all of our robot parts to make them smooth for the welder, which we will send out in a few days. If you have been following our posts, you will recognize that we are somewhat behind schedule. To get back on, we sat down and planned out what we were going to do the next few days in terms of ordering parts, contacting sponsors, and machining.
Here are some videos from today and photos from yesterday: